UnitedHealthcare Global Privacy Notice
Your Right to Privacy
At UnitedHealthcare Insurance dac (trading as United Healthcare Global) we respect your right to privacy and the protection of your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain how we routinely collect and use personal data about individuals, including clients “you” for the provision of our products and services and what rights you have in relation to your personal information.
UnitedHealthcare Global is the primary data controller for processing your personal information. Throughout this document references to “we”, “us” “our” or “the company” refer to United Healthcare Insurance dac and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
Different types of information we collect about you
To allow us to provide our products and services and to run our business we collect and process various categories of personal contact information about you. We will hold:
- General information to identify you including your contact information, such as;
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your contact telephone number (landline & mobile)
How we collect your personal data
We will do this in a few ways including:
- Information collected directly from you during the engagement process when putting in place an agreement; and
- Information collected directly from you during the application process for a health insurance plan for your employees.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- To facilitate an application for a health insurance contract for your employees and their dependents;
- If the plan is accepted, to facilitate the administration of the plan for your employees and their dependents;
- Administer our agreement with you; and
- Communicate with you, such as inviting you to organised events.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
We use, and share, your data where:
- The use is necessary for the performance of the agreement that has been entered into by you;
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests, including as described above;
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as complying with regulatory audits; and
- Where we have obtained consent from you.
Implications of not providing your personal data
If you do not provide personal information we may not be able to enter in to a contract with you to provide a health insurance plan for your employees or manage the ongoing administration of your account with us.
Sharing your information
When providing our services to you, we may share your information with:
- Insurance brokers and other insurers who work with us to help manage the underwriting process and administer our policies;
- Third-party administrators who work with us to help manage the underwriting process, administer our policies and help us manage the claims process;
- Service providers who provide us with support services;
- Limited members of personnel within the company;
- UnitedHealth Group companies;
- Third parties in connection with any sale or transaction involving all or a portion of the business, and
- Statutory and regulatory bodies.
Transferring outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
In some cases personnel and authorised third-party vendors may be located outside of the EEA, including in countries that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. We will always take appropriate steps to ensure that such personnel and third-party vendors are bound to duties of confidentiality and we have implemented measures such as standard data protection contractual clauses to ensure that any transferred Personal Data, remains protected and secure. A copy of these clauses can be obtained by contacting us at the address listed below in the “how to contact us section”.
How long we hold your data
We will retain your personal information only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out above, in accordance with applicable laws.
You have certain rights in relation to how we use your information and the way we process it. This includes:
- A right to access to your personal information;
- A right to request us to correct inaccurate information or update incomplete information;
- A right to request that we restrict processing of your information in certain circumstances;
- A right to object to us processing your personal information for our legitimate business interests or direct marketing purposes;
- A right to have your information deleted or our use of your data restricted in certain circumstances. We may be unable to comply with a data deletion request where doing so would place us in breach of our obligations under applicable laws, regulation or codes of practice. However, in some circumstances, you may be able to request that your data be blocked from further processing;
- A right to data portability (i.e. obtain a transferable copy of your information we hold to another provider) in certain circumstances; and
- A right to withdraw consent at any time where processing is based on consent.
If you wish to exercise any of your data rights, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are unable to handle your request fully within one month (due to the complexity or number of requests) we may extend this period by a further two months and shall explain the reason why.
If you have a complaint or concern about how we use your personal data, please contact us in the first instance email@example.com and we will attempt to resolve the matter as soon as possible. You also have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commission or another supervisory authority at any time.
We maintain reasonable security measures to safeguard Personal Data from loss, interference, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We also maintain reasonable procedures to help ensure that such data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about how we use your information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time at email@example.com
We reserve the right in to amend this privacy statement at any time, you should regularly check this privacy statement for any amendments.
Dated: 07 July 2020